Friday, September 17, 2010

Shark night


Randomly, tonight became shark night.

It started with my roommate and I watching Jaws, because he had somehow never seen it. My favorite animal is a shark, and it was watching this movie growing up that really got me into them.

Thankfully, my roommate really liked it. He was even surprised that it didn't feel as "dated" as he thought it would.



During Jaws, (and perhaps because of all the drinking Chief Brody, Quint, and Hooper manage to do in the movie) I felt like making a drink, so I mixed up a classic martini. I'm not the biggest martini fan, but I must say it definitely felt right tonight. Perhaps because it was a nice change of pace from a beer, or from anything bourbon related.


The Dry Martini (because you use dry vermouth instead of sweet vermouth... not because you use less of it).
1 1/2 oz of gin, 1/2 oz of dry vermouth, couple dashes orange bitters, garnish with a lemon peel.


After Jaws, we channeled surfed for awhile, watched the latest Its Always Sunny in Philadelphia, and then remembered we had Ultimate Air Jaws on DVR.

Ummmm, talk about amazing.

Nothing is crazier than watching a 20', one ton, animal hurling itself out of the water, and torpedoing its prey. And to make things even more amazing, was ace nature photographer Chris Fallows, using some camera called the "Phantom." Apparently, it has a frame rate of 1,000 frames a second.

Let's just say shit was beautiful.

Here's one of Chris' picks.

No comments:

Post a Comment