Sunday, September 5, 2010

The haircut




Yesterday, I got my hair cut at Walt's Barber Shop. I've never been to a barber who does a better job than Walter Tosoni, he even gives you the old fashioned, hot lather, shave around your ears. It's incredible.

A lot of men nowadays go to salons, but I refuse to go.

Personally, salons are overpriced, and they're usually better at making you "trendy" than truly stylish. It's sort of like how True Religion jeans were "cool" for awhile, but raw denim Levi's 501's will never go out of style. Usually things that are "now," are almost never "forever."

I can't recall when exactly, but I remember reading that the incredibly dapper Thom Browne, pays like $20 for his haircut. He believes that no man should ever pay more than $30.

I'm sure there are some crazy over the top instances, where a man with some considerable length may indeed need the expertise of a hairdresser. The stylist at the salon is truly adept at manipulating long locks of hair into a fashionable shape.

But I think for most men, the barber will do more than fine.



Not really a new hairstyle, just did it a little different. Also, the photo quality sucks, because I broke my camera yesterday. Soooo made of fail.

No comments:

Post a Comment