Monday, August 30, 2010

A reminder


It's no secret that I love Scott Schuman's the Sartorialist website.

I think the man has my dream job. Although I'd probably write a little more than he does, but still...

Scott's blog always captures some amazingly stylish people, and I'd like to think I'm capable of doing the same--but with a way shittier camera.

When I was at Coachella--a little drunk--I saw this amazingly beautiful girl standing amongst the crowd. She was wearing a yellow terricloth jumper, and my goodnessss that figure. During the festival, I had been asking strangers for their pics just because I found them to be stylish, and also to add flavor to my own personal photo album. This girl though, she was so exquisitely beautiful; I knew my Coachella photo album would not be complete without adding her image, her aura--her swagger. I snapped one as I walked up to her, and then tapped her on the shoulder.

"Hey can I take your picture?"

"Excuse me?" She responded in what was a damn cute, but somewhat regal, English accent.

"No, I just think you're really cute and stylish and I want to take your picture. It's nothing sketchy." Would I have said that if I wasn't drunk? Hmmm, I don't know but that's the shit that came out. I noticed her friend standing next to her, and I didn't want to make her feel bad so I told her to get in the picture as well. Admittedly, she looked pretty cool too.

"Sure!" She shrugged her shoulders, smiled, and cutely posed. Her friend stoicly joined in. Maybe I shouldn't have asked her to be the picture.

"Okay ready? One, two, three!" Yes, my stupid ass actually counted down before taking the picture. Like I said a little drunk.

I walked away, pleased I had added this amazing girl to my Coachella experience. While I was on my way back to my group of pals, my friend Ricky noticed--and later informed me--the guy she was with, thought it was quite funny that I held my drunk fingers out and counted down for the pic. (God that was embarrassing). Apparently, my terriclothed clothed beauty also pondered who I was, and why I was taking the shot.

Later, after uploading all of my images to facebook, I found out this stunning young lady was singer Corinne Bailey Rae. Of course this explained the confusion amongst her and her friends. How the hell could this stranger--me--not have any clue who he was taking a picture of? It was just a day earlier that she performed, and now there was this idiot asking for a pic.

Anyway, I'd like to think there was a part of her who thought it was cool that somebody, who didn't recognize her, asked for her picture just because he appreciated her beauty and style. Perhaps I secretly made her day.

The reason why I'm telling this story though, is because Scott Schuman's latest blog post reminded me of Corinne.

Here's Scott's post.



And here are my pics of Corinne. I guess we appreciate good views yes?



No comments:

Post a Comment