Tuesday, August 24, 2010

I wrote a real Shakespearean sonnet once


So a little known fact about me. I'm into writing poems. I'm not sure how good I am at it, but I like it. Sort of therapeutic...or something. This one is a Shakespearean sonnet, written in iambic pentameter and everythinggg!

Drops

At times I think our thoughts go on with hope.
They run like drops of water trickling down.
Into caverns where surely they will float.
Or maybe they will go and die and drown.
It's sad to know our drops will cease to live.
They cling and merge into their lives to say,
we can't, we won't, fuck it, we won't forgive.
Stand back, let us just die and go away.
So we can turn our drops into a pool,
and we can swim, and we can splash and shit.
These thoughts think that these thoughts are really cool.
Like water merging it sounds like a fit.

But no, we know that time will fuck it up.
They'll take our drops and drink them in their cup.

No comments:

Post a Comment