Saturday, October 16, 2010

Going to a baptism


So on Sunday I'm off to the baptism of Kylee Turner, the daughter of my friend Kaleya Turner.

Despite not having been to Mass in quite some time, I'm actually really excited to be going. Besides the fact that I was given the honor of being a Godparent, one of the reasons I'm so excited to go is that I get to wear a suit.

I'm sure that sounded weird, but as an unemployed 25 year old, it isn't often that I get to wear one. Hell nobody wears them nowadays.

Personally, there might be something wrong with that idea, but to each his own.

The reason I'm writing this though, is that I'm sort of at odds with wearing my "good suit."

I own two suits, one is a sort of charcoal gray, and the other is black. The gray one I bought when the details of fine tailoring were a wash to me. Suffice to say that it doesn't come close to actually "fitting."

The black one, I had every inch of tailored. It fits impeccably, and although its cheap as hell, it certainly doesn't look it.

Anyway, I'm a bit at odds with wearing a black suit to a baptism.

For one, it's in the day, and two, it's a baptism and not a funeral. I feel like gray, or blue, would certainly be more appropriate, because I definitely don't want to look in mourning.

However, I'd rather wear something that fits than something that looks ridiculous, so black it shall be.

If you see me on Sunday, I'm not going to a formal event, nor am I one of the clergymen, and I won't be in mourning.

2 comments:

  1. EVERYONE wears suits in Chicago! you would love this city !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really? I think I would too...except for the freezing cold wintersss.

    My brother in law is from Chicago, he says it's a beautiful city.

    Have fun CC!

    ReplyDelete