Sunday, January 23, 2011

City nights, new friends, and Louisiana Fried Chicken


I know it's like February, but I figured I'd post some of my NYE pics.

It was a fucking frigid wet evening, but it was also so much fun to be out with such good people. My good friends Ricky and Rita, were there, as well as my new co-workers--and now close friends--Mike and Carolyn. Drinking and dancing were in abundance, and our evening went several places that we will remember for some time.

If NYE is a precursor to a new year, then mine will be unpredictable.

And hopefully it will take me to places I never thought I'd be.

Lovers sharing a bottle.


Cab living.


Death Cab for New Years.


Mike and Max.


Angelina is a habitual drunk face licker.


Ricky Bravo. Est. friend since 2004.


Mike and Carolyn=great people.


Carolyn and Margarita hailing a cab.


Mike thinking something is hilarious, and Carolyn freezing her ass off.


Of course with new friends, come new experiences right?

Mike is like a big food person. He's the type of guy to throw garlic, and garlic and butter rice, into a bowl of clam chowder and somehow know that it will taste good. One of the things he first told me when I was just getting to know him was that he made a damn good quiche. And guess what, it's amazing!

So when Mike told me that some of the best fried chicken (and its already established how much I love fried chicken) he's ever had was from a place called Louisiana Fried Chicken, it became an instant necessity to visit this place. Luckily for us there's one in the City, and this one happens to be lodged simultaneously in a donut shop called Donut World. Please note: donuts and chicken are two of my all time favorite foods so yes we've been twice in the last three weeks. Join us next time if you'd like.

Here are some pics of Louisiana, Donut World, and Haight St. late at night.


Donut World


3 piece combo w/ breast, leg, wing, biscuit....


and collard greens! <3


Mike is in chicken bliss.


Hot sauce.


Desert, coffee and maple custard filled donut.


Candid photography by Mike Ortiz.


Late night young love.


United Farm Workers of America T-Shirt. Si se puede!


Parting shot.


No comments:

Post a Comment